Questions I Should Have Asked When You Told Me About Your Suicide Attempt, Over Dinner
1. This was at the end of August?
2. Does the attempt feel like something you own & can hold in your hand?
3. Or is it something that lives inside of you, but isn’t part of you, like a tumor?
4. Do you use telling as part of your excision?
6. Did you hear the sounds of something calling you home?
7. Or was it the quietest your life has ever been?
8. Does your whole body feel like a ghost limb now?
9. How long is this going to be who you are?